Les Filles Des Mares is not done. It needs at least a border, possibly two.
Thank goodness for 3M.
I had wanted to find the refrigerator clips that I had heard everyone (The Off Kilter Quilt, Quilting For the Rest of Us) raving about as a hanging solution, but couldn’t find them in my area. Instead, I found hooks meant for holding wiring (like Christmas lights.)
So I strung a cord (in this case a decorative cord that I had from my brief flirtation making quilted purses) and pinned the tops to it.
Worked great now that I figured out to pin right next to the hooks and half-way between them.
I also needed to tighten the cord a bit, too, but that was easy since the ends were held in place with binder clips.
And, of course, the wind was a problem, but that was true of the former method of putting the quilt and tops up for photographing.
The finished quilts are a bit heavy and required more pins (note to self: buy a pin cushion for your wrist… it would be much easier than pinning the straight pins into your shirt… and probably safer in the long run.)
Anyway, here’s the “big shots” of the quilts I have been working on for the past couple of months.
Crossed Purposes in all it’s glory. I’m actually happy with the way it turned out and I think that border is the reason for that.
Still Searching for a name for this quilt. It’s the one I had originally started in tribute to Maryellen Hopkins, but then pulled the Dugout blocks out because they were the “wrong” color of red… Hmmm. That sounds like a good name for a quilt The Wrong Color of Red!
And here it is in all it’s finality: Grandmother’s Choice. (And you thought I never actually finished any of my quilts!)