Just a short post this week as I clear the decks for… well, I don’t know what since we’re supposed to have another multi-day snowstorm.
1. Binding for DnA3. Thanks to Cricket, I now have enough purply-pink wisteria fabric to bind this quilt. It took a long time to decide what to do with it since the original plan was to use black.
I still have to bury the threads in the center of this quilt. It’s a good thing we’ll be snowed in for the weekend, I guess. I think I’ll cue up Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth…
2. Binding for Spirographology. Freshly ripped off the long arm (no, not literally) I have a couple of options for this one. I bought a multi-color batik with a black background, or I could use the black binding I previously cut out for DnA3.
I loved the Dream Puff batting for this quilt. It gave some dimension to the quilting that the cotton batting I had been using on the other quilts didn’t.
The big problem, though, was that Spiro is a hexagon quilt and I ended up having to shepherd some of the extra puffiness towards the center to keep it square. In a hand-quilted quilt this is not a problem, but I didn’t notice until the end, so I ended up more fullness toward the bottom and with some tucks on the quilt top. I’m contemplating requilting those areas, but not until much later.
3. Meezer Teaser Balls. Thanks to the kitty moms who follow the Siamese Cat Rescue Center on Facebook, the original shipment of the balls sold out in less than a week. I’m hard at work making more, but might not get them done and out until the end of the month.
4. Labels. I now have all the quilts finished so I need to set and wash the labels, and, of course, sew them on.
5. Still plodding along on the paper-pieced border for my Tribute to Mary Ellen Hopkins. I know I was trying to use up fabric from my stash with this project, but I ended up having to buy more of the top red fabric… and what do you know, some other pieces of fabric also jumped into my bag.
That’s my top 5 projects for now. What are you up to?
Hmm. This post is a bit longer than I had originally planned!