We haven’t had a flood or fire or any other major catastrophe, but, for some reason, posting to the blog never made it to the top 10 on any of my to-do lists.
I guess you could say what I went through last week was the plague. I certainly wished I could just die and get it over with (not really!). I had the flu: achy joints, low-grade fever and unable to even keep water down without a reappearance. I won’t go into the rest of it. Thankfully, that phase only lasted about 24 hours.
As I crept up the “wellness ladder” to oatmeal and soup, my room-mate came down with it. Luckily, not as bad a version as I had.
I really only had one day where I was unable to sew, but didn’t work on much.
However, I FINISHED the red/black/white quilt, and came up with a name for it (although I haven’t photographed it yet.) I’m thinking of calling it “Inari” after the place my NaNoWriMo novel is partially set.
I’m still not sold on that, though. I think it’s better than “the red/black/white quilt.”
One of the problems that drove me nuts were the corners.
I always knew I was using diamonds in the border, but since the edges were off 1/4″ on either side of the top/bottom border and 5/8″ on the sides of the right/left border, I wanted to make sure there was some red in the outside of the block I used for the corner so that the fact that the diamonds didn’t quite reach would not be obvious.
I actually constructed several different sets of corners, which is not something I usually do. I even auditioned a black outer border before I settled on the red one. (I wasn’t certain I had enough red fabric.)
I guess I should just be glad to have finished it. It did not turn out at all like I had originally envisioned it, but then again, the 16-patches were supposed to be separated by Xs.
If I’m lucky, I’ll have a photograph of the whole top before my next post.
Happy Christmas to all who celebrate and to those who don’t, peace and joy and purring kittens!